1. Health Check: Press the fingernails of your two index fingers together and see if there is a gap between them. If you see a small, diamond-shaped gap, everything is fine. However, if there is no visible gap — not even a small one — when your nails are pressed together, this may indicate what is known as digital clubbing, which could be a sign of heart or lung diseases.
2. Health Check: Gently pull down on your lower eyelid. If the mucous membrane is pink, you’re healthy as a horse. If it looks pale or slightly yellowish, it may be that the tissues aren’t receiving a sufficient amount of oxygen due to anemia.
3. Health Check: Position your hand an arm’s length away from your head and parallel to the floor, and gently rub your fingers together. If you can hear the sound of your fingers rubbing together, everything is A-OK. If you can’t hear anything, your hearing has deteriorated which could indicate potential hearing loss in the future.
4. Health Check: Firmly plant your feet on the floor and raise one leg until the thigh is at hip level and parallel to the ground. Try to hold this position and maintain your balance for 20 seconds. If you find yourself wobbling the entire time and can barely keep yourself from falling over, you may have blood vessel problems in your brain.
5. Health Check: Take a strand of clean, dry hair from the top of your head and tug on it. If only 2—3 hairs come out, there’s nothing to worry about. But if far more strands come out, it’s because your hair is now weak and thin, which could be the result of a lack of nutrients or a hormonal imbalance. It could also be a physical sign that you’re extremely stressed at the moment. These simple checkup tips & tricks can make a huge difference when it comes to your health. Watching your body carefully is important and can help you recognize symptoms early, which can hopefully prevent more serious illnesses from developing. As always, if you notice anything unusual or something with your health and body just seems off, consult a doctor or medical professional as soon as possible for a clean bill of health.
Is Your Body Showing Any Of The Following 5 Warning Signs?
With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s far too easy to lose sight of your health. But because your health is quite literally your life, it’s critical to take the time to make it a priority. Unfortunately, not too many people enjoy visiting the doctor’s office and everyone is probably guilty of postponing at least a few checkups, which is why it’s even more important to keep a close eye on your body so that you can watch out for the first signs of illness. In most cases, serious illnesses are typically first discovered at home rather than in the hospital. After all, you’re the best person to notice if something seems a bit off with your own health, so it’s time to check and see if any of the following 5 cases apply to you.