Man Beats Wife To Stupor After Telling Him To Stop Spending Money On Women

A woman, wife has reportly beaten by her husband who she is married to for over 6 (six) years now. In the posts shared on Facebook, the reporters said the woman who is also a medical doctor living in Owerri with her husband, Pius Angbo who is a correspondent to ChannelsTV.

According to reports her husband beats her to stupor because she tells him to stop squandering money on other womenn. The husband beats her blue and black as reported while she recieves serious injuries from it.

In the post shared, it says the woman had a baby of 4weeks and she has 4 children for the man.

After the beating, she took to her phone to record how her husband Mr Pius Angbo of ChannelsTV beats her mercilessly because she told him not to spend money on women.

According to the wife, her husband has been beating her when she was also pregnant with their 4week old baby and even before he do strangle her, as she later delivered the baby through surgery

Read the post shared below:

This is Dr Ifeanyinwa Angbo. She’s a medical doctor in Owerri. Her husband is Mr Pius Angbo of ChannelsTV.
She says he just beat her black and blue for telling him not to spend money on women. She just had a baby 4weeks ago and he has beaten her up seriously injuring her on her incisions she had due to the Cesarean section she had a few weeks ago.
Her husband is Pius Angbo of Channels TV. She’s had to make a video crying for help.
Her face is red, bruised, bleeding and battered. Dear
ChannelsTelevision Nigeria
you need to act on this.
She says they have been married for 6years and they now have 4children together.
Last child was born 4weeks ago.
She had a surgery to give birth to the baby. She says the husband sometimes beat her during the pregnancy and also strangled her.
This is the last beating she got.

More photos below.

#Endsars: Nigeria Police Send Strong Warning To All Protesters Against Planned Protest

Every ENDSARS protesters across the nation should take more of this message. It could be recall that there is going to be the second phase of the ENDSARS protests as from tomorrow, which is December 7th, 2020.

message reads;

The Lagos State Police Command has said security agencies will not fold their arms as youths plan fresh protests against police brutality and extortion.

The statement was issued after a poster titled “#EndSARS reloaded phase II” went viral on social media.

Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, in a statement on Sunday said “unpatriotic individuals and groups are planning to embark on the replica of recent violent End SARS protest”.

He said the intelligence revealed that the sponsors plan to lure unsuspecting Lagosians, especially youths, to join the protest as well.

The Police reminded everyone that the Government of Lagos State, businesses, individuals, security agencies and families have recovered from the civil disorder in October.

It is understood that organizers had been mobilizing to start another #EndSARS protest on Monday and as seen on their social media posts, they are demanding that “Buhari should free all #EndSARS protesters; unfreeze all bank accounts of #EndSARS protesters and referendum.”

However, the Police said in reaction to the planned protests expected to hold in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Delta, and Bayelsa.

The command warned parents and guardians to discourage their children and wards against protest.

The police advised residents to go about their lawful activities, assuring that all hands are on deck to maintain law and order.

BREAKING: Nigerian govt lists conditions for reopening of schools

The Federal Government has listed conditions to be met by each school before reopening would be allowed.

The government explained that the measures were to protect students against coronavirus.

Minister of State for Education, Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, made the announcement.

He spoke in Abuja on Tuesday at the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

He said while government Iooks forward to easing the Iockdown which will ultimately lead to re-opening of campuses, the Heads of Institutions should commence preparations.

The minister told them not to wait till the announcement on reopening before putting in place all measures in compliance with the protocols and advisories of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)”.

READ ALSO: Toyin Salau: FG tasks US govt to investigate killing of Nigerian-American

Nwajiuba said all institutions must have hand-washing facilities; body temperature checks and body disinfectants at all entering points including the gates, hostels, classes, offices, etc.

He stated that the premises of each institution “must be decontaminated”.

FG Suspends Airline For Flying Naira Marley To Abuja

The Federal Government on Monday suspended an airline for conveying Naira Marley to Abuja for a concert.

The minister for aviation, Hadi Sirika, who made this known during the daily COVID19 briefing said that the flight was approved for a different purpose.

Sirika said that the flight was initially approved to convey a serving Justice from Lagos to Abuja adding that the company has been suspended indefinitely for providing false information to convey the singer to Abuja for the show.

The Minister also said that the flight captain will equally be sanctioned for providing false information.

Recall that the development was triggered by the Naira Marley’s ‘Drive-in’ concert which was held on Saturday night at Jabi Lake Mall.

The event attracted criticism from Nigerians as the attendees were clustered in a viral video while Naira Marley performed despite an increase in coronavirus cases.

Court Fixes June 30 For Judgment In Melaye’s Suit Against Infections Disease Bill

The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Monday, fixed June 30 to deliver judgment in the suit filed by Dino Melaye challenging the passage of the Infectious Diseases Bill

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu fixed the date after taking arguments from parties in the case.

The bill, which is sponsored by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila and two other lawmakers – Pascal Obi and Tanko Sununu- seeks to empower the Federal Government to convert any property in the country, including private property, to isolation centres.

The bill also seeks to empower the government to, upon mere suspicion that a person is infected with an infectious disease, arrest and detain the person for as long as necessary, among others.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Melaye had, on May 5, claimed that the provisions of the Bill violate his fundamental rights, among which are rights to the dignity of person, personal liberty, right to private and family life, right to freedom of movement and right to own immovable property in Nigeria.

While the clerk of the National Assembly is the 1st respondent, the Clerk of the House of Representatives, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Attorney General of the Federal (AGF) and the Inspector General of Police (IGP) are 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th respondents respectively in the suit.

Justice Ojukwu had, on June 1, adjourned the matter until June 15 while advising parties to restrain themselves from actions that could jeopardise the suit.

Earlier, Counsel to Melaye, Nkem Okoro told the court that the matter was for continuation of hearing.
Okoro urged the court to grant all the reliefs sought by his client in the application.

However, Kayode Ajulo, Counsel to the Speaker of House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila; lawyer to the AGF, M.L. Shiru and Kehinde Oluwole, who represented IGP, urged the court to strike out the matter for lack of merit.

They argued that a bill, which was yet to become a law, could not have infringed on the plaintiff’s fundamental rights.

In her argument, Shiru, who represented the AGF, stated that the country’s constitution provided for separation of powers among the three organs of government.

“And in explaining this doctrine of separation of powers my lord, we refer the honourable court to the case of AGF and Guardian Newspapers.

The citation are supplied in our preliminary objection my lord,” she said.

According to her, in view of the principle of separation of powers as applicable, we are quite aware that the honourable court can interfere in legislative processes when there is only a defiance from the provisions of the constitution.

“However, this power can only be exercised in respect of enacted laws and not legislative bills and we urge your lordship to uphold our submissions in the preliminary objection and decline to grant the reliefs of the applicant,” she remarked.

She stressed that the National Assembly had the powers to make and amend laws as provided by the constitution.

The lawyer said although Melaye had laid emphasises on Sections 6, 29, 30 and 47 of the proposed bill, she urged the court to “dismiss all the reliefs sought by the applicant on the provisions of the bill as vexatious and annoying.”

According to her, the application falls short of fundamental rights application.

“The applicant has not proved that the bill infringe on his fundamental rights.

“A bill is not a law yet and if it is not a law, how can it infringe on his right.

“Therefore, application of the applicant should be discountenance by the court,” Shiru said.

The lawyer asked the court to also award a cost against the applicant (Melaye) for bringing such application before the court.

White House Reporters Hailed As ‘Information Heroes’

Reporters Without Frontiers praised White House correspondents for their persistence in grilling US President Donald Trump. (AFP)

A watchdog has hailed the White House press corps as “information heroes” alongside 30 journalists, whistleblowers and media outlets struggling against the odds to get the truth out about the coronavirus pandemic.

Reporters Without Frontiers praised the correspondents for their persistence in grilling US President Donald Trump in a roll of honour that included Li Wenliang, the 34-year-old doctor from Wuhan Central Hospital who was questioned by police for “spreading false rumours” when he raised the alarm about the virus, and who later died from it.

The Paris-based organisation, known by its French initials RSF, picked out Weijia Jiang and Paula Reid of CBS, Peter Alexander of NBC and Kristin Fisher of Fox News for particular praise for their “integrity and competence” faced with sarcasm, scorn and insults from Trump and his aides.

It said they “have continued week after week to question the way the president and his administration are handling the pandemic”.

The Wuhan blogger Fang Fang, who chronicled the lockdown there in her “Dispatches from a Quarantined City”, was also lauded as were several journalists across the world who have been jailed, arrested, beaten, harassed and prosecuted for their revelations.

Bangladeshi cartoonist Ahmed Kabir Kishore is facing a life sentence under what the RSF called the country’s “Kafkaesque Digital Security Act” for “spreading rumours and misinformation about the coronavirus situation” in the country.

‘High treason’
His fellow countryman Salim Akash was locked up in Jordan for trying to report on the fate of Bangladeshi migrant workers there during the epidemic.

The watchdog also picked out the cases of New York Times reporter Chris Buckley who was forced to leave China last month for incurring the wrath of the authorities after spending 76 days in Wuhan at the height of the outbreak.

The Beijing-based outlet Caixin was also praised for “defying harassment and censorship by the authorities in order to publish reports questioning their handling of the coronavirus crisis”.

One of Equatorial Guinea’s most popular television programmes, “Buenos dias Guinea”, was suspended last month after criticising soldiers beating people in the street to enforce the lockdown.

Reporter Eugene Dube was forced to flee to neighbouring South Africa when he was roughed up by police in Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) for his reporting and warned he would be tried for “high treason” against King Mswati.

“Some people have taken such big risks to report the reality of the pandemic that they have died as a result, while others have disappeared or have been jailed,” said RSF director Christophe Deloire.

Thirteen journalists have died from the virus in the Ecuadorean economic capital Guayaquil alone, he said.

“Prosecuted, attacked, insulted — many have paid a high price for defending the right to information and for combatting the rumours and disinformation that aggravate the consequences of this public health crisis,” Deloire added.

Meet 11yr Old Boy With The Longest Eyelashes in The World

By far, it’s hard to say why people stop 11-year-old Muin in the street.

Only when you get closer do the eyelashes focus.

They extend a little over five inches from the Russian boy’s face, gently sweeping his cheeks with each slow blink.

“I’m comfortable with them and I have no difficulty”

The boy, who lives in the Russian capital, feels comfortable with his special lashes.

“I live and i like everyone else,” he said.

“It’s not necessary to take care of my eyelashes. I am comfortable with them and I have no difficulty. “

He is even able to play football and dreams of becoming a great football player when he grows up.

Muin’s father, Zaidullo, who transferred the family from the Republic of Tajikistan to Central Asia to Russia in 2010, said that when his son “was born, his eyelashes reached his lips”.

“My wife and I were surprised. We showed it to different doctors and we were told that he was well and healthy. “

Record Breaking Photos: Boy with 5cm long Eyelashes

“Everyone pays attention to him”

The incredible eyelashes of Muin were caused by changes in the gene responsible for the growth of eyelashes.

Apparently, this gene can be influenced by drugs that a woman takes during pregnancy.

His father said that his son is now used to being noticed for his eyelashes.

“When Muin goes out on the street, everyone pays attention to him,” he said.

“He’s fine with that.”

Record Breaking Photos: Boy with 5cm long Eyelashes

Muin is listed in the Russian book of records as having the longest eyelashes in his country.

Coronavirus Pandemic: Gov. Ortom reverses order on re-opening of churches, mosques, Benue markets

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has rescinded the order allowing churches and mosques in the State to reopen for religious activities.

Ortom announced the cancellation of the order on Saturday in Makurdi during the weekly news briefing on activities of the Covid-19 Quick Response Team, NAN reports.

He explained that the decision to revert to status quo was based on the apprehension expressed by the Federal Government over decisions by some state governments to reopen religious activities.

According to him, “as a state that is a component of the federal government, we cannot take decisions that go against the expressed standing of the federal government.”

He said the federal government, as the custodian of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), had all the needed information on the viral infection and how to contain its spread.

He, therefore, sued for understanding from the Benue people over the decision to rescind the order allowing religious activities.

”You need to be alive before you can worship,” he said.

He said he had already made consultations with relevant stakeholders, including leaders of Christian Association of Nigeria and Jamatu Nasiru Islam on the matter.

Ortom also announced that Mrs Elizabeth Apedzan, a former federal lawmaker, who tested positive for Covid-19 had been discharged.

He, therefore, appealed to those with symptoms similar to that of Covid-19 to avail themselves for testing.

Breaking: No Moon Sited, Fasten Continues Tomorrow – NSCIA

Sodiq Oyeleke

The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs has announced that the Ramadan fast would continue on Saturday.

The National Moonsighting Committee of the NSCIA said no moon was sighted in the country on Friday.

It said the Ramadan fast would reach 30 this year as against preparations earlier made by Muslim faithful to celebrate Eid-el-Fitri tomorrow (Saturday).

The DanielsPost reports that the Muslim holiday of Eid-el-Fitr marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan.

While announcing the outcome of its moon searching on Friday, it tweeted, “There was no positive sighting report of the Shawwal crescent in Nigeria, tomorrow is 30th Ramadan. An official statement from the Sultanate will be released shortly.”

Also, Eid will begin on Sunday in Saudi Arabia, authorities in the kingdom said on Friday.

“Saturday will be the last day of the sacred holy month of Ramadan and Eid-el-Fitr will take place on Sunday,” the royal court and the supreme court said, quoted by the official Saudi Press Agency.

Religious authorities in Jerusalem, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Qatar, and Lebanon also said that Eid would begin on Sunday.

The timing of Eid is determined by the position of the moon, in accordance with the Muslim lunar calendar.

The holiday is normally celebrated by families gathering together.

Details later…

COVID-19: FG Makes Clarifications on Reopening of Schools

The Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, has disclosed that the Federal Government is already making plans to reopen schools nationwide but it won’t happen in two weeks as being speculated in some quarters.

Speaking during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on Thursday, Nwajiuba said there was no exact date yet as to when schools will reopen.

He also urged members of the public to disregard rumours making the round on social media that the Federal Government would reopen schools in the next two weeks.

According to him, schools will be reopened after they are resourced properly.

He said “We all are seriously interested in reopening and I believe we will reopen soon.

“But I can’t confirm what your children said that we will reopen in two weeks.

“The issue around reopening has nothing to do with the availability of the schools or not. It has to do with national governance.

“The idea of shutting down the schools has nothing to do with the schools per se.
“You heard the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, the SGF, keep saying it is a national response.

“It is a single national response and everything we do flows from that.
“When they determine, I’m sure you have seen all the experts here, if they say that there is a measure of safety to which we can expose our children, we will gladly do that.

“We are watching and we are working with all bodies within and outside the country.
“The five countries of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) are meeting and I just came out of a meeting with African Union (AU) Ministers of Education, everybody is concerned as you are.

“We hope to reopen very soon. This morning, I met with the Ministry of Science and Technology.

“We are looking at putting a system in place that can disinfect every child as he goes into a school and disinfect him as he goes out.
“If we resource our schools properly we can begin to reopen.

“But we must be able to ensure that the children go in safe and come out safe and not become a conduit for further infection in society.”